Monday, August 24, 2009

and finally...

This season is coming to a close. Despite my virtual vacation from life, it has not felt like much of a summer at all. I went to the beach a few times, got sunburned once or twice, & had a number of drunken evenings, but it never got overwhelmingly hot. AND, I spent much of my time indoors, preparing for an end of summer Art Opening.

It was initially scheduled for the beginning of September, but due to some scheduling conflicts, it is now going to be held on Friday, August 28th. I am extremely excited. I have worked very hard on this since June. I was working fervently before I was ever given the opportunity to display at the incredibly generous Dovetail; After the deal was sealed I went into overdrive.

In between juggling odd jobs, & part-time work, I could be found in my box of a studio. overheating and trying not to get sweaty fingerprints all over the piece I was working on at the moment.


After all this, the culmination of my hard work will be proudly displayed for the next month at 1452 W. Chicago Avenue:



























The cherry on top for me is that after all this, I get to stay on at one of the gigs I picked up over the summer. The one I truly adored.

I guess I got to have my cake & eat it too. I somehow managed to pay my share of the rent for each month, spare one, since I was let go for no reason by my smack-addicted former boss. NEVER trust a junkie.

I look forward to seeing everyone & anyone at this event. And don't forget: There will be beer & Easy Cheez!

No comments:

Post a Comment