Saturday, September 5, 2009

about my summer vacation...

summer vacation you say? somewhat. this is kind of, sort of, basically just a collection of photos from various endeavors this summer. i mean, i guess i've been holding out, since i was intentionally keeping my work super, duper secret. to be unveiled at the opening. here is a taste of what is hanging at dovetail right now (those classy ladies took the following photos, in fact).


One of the amusing things that occurred at this opening was the calmness of the whole event. I intentionally petitioned my friend Tony to play "security", because I didn't want shit to get fucked up. & by that, I mean, the store. The funny thing about it wasn't that detail, but that one of the store owner's commented on how this was probably their tamest opening. I was almost a little hurt! haha. My husband & I have somewhat of a reputation for being wild, at times. And those times are usually when we leave our house. So we try not to do so. All joking aside, I'm glad nothing got destroyed. Especially since I contributed a 30 of PBR & a fifth of Jim Beam. Had my bike messenger friends entered the premises, it woulda got rowdy.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&

Well, anyhow... I'm sure you've noticed the lovely frames, & their even lovelier prints. But, the frames didn't come that way. It was a somewhat labor intensive process to collect them, & then spray paint them. I am a bit of a stickler for details, & dissatisfied with anything ordinary.



This summer I did QUITE a bit of knitting. I haven't really had the time to experiment with any variety of projects, as I was constantly working on the same thing: beer coozies. These things have been very popular, & with good cause. They are fucking RAD! If you care to purchase one, just shoot me an e-mail. I can do any combination of colours.

the almighty TALL BOY COOZIE!

40 coozie!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
just so ya know.... 12oz cans/bottles are $6, tall boy/22oz are $8, & 40oz are $10.

YOU'LL WASTE MORE THAN THAT AT THE BAR!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

& (i think) Finally.... I submitted something to the Label 228 project this past winter, & the book recently came out. Obviously, I wouldn't be mentioning it if i weren't in it. So... Let's see if you can identify which one of these is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment